HARTFORD, Conn.—Stephanie Simon (Wellesley, Mass.) posted a 6-4, 2-6, 6-1 victory at number three singles but it was not quite enough as Trinity College was able to take four of six singles pairings in a 5-4 victory against intrastate rival Connecticut College in a NESCAC match played in Hartford today.
The Bantams improved their record to 6-5 and are 1-3 in the NESCAC. The Camels evened their record at 6-6 and are 0-4 in conference play.
Senior Adrienne Sieverding (pictured, Red Hook, N.Y.) contributed with a 6-4, 7-6 victory at number five singles for Connecticut College. In doubles action, Angelica Warren (McLeansville, N.C.) and Aleksandra Drljaca (East Greenwich, R.I.) coasted to an 8-5 win at number two. In third doubles action, Sieverding and sophomore Brinley Bartlett (Malvern, Pa.) posted another 8-5 victory for Connecticut College.
Trinity College junior Vanja Babunski (Belgrade, Serbia) notched a 6-3, 7-5 victory to lead the hosts at number one singles. Julia Brogan (Falmouth, Maine) chipped in with a 6-2, 6-2 triumph at second singles. Jillian Winer (Bolton, Mass.) registered a 6-2, 6-2 triumph at fourth singles. In the sixth slot in the lineup, Bantam junior Sara Curtis (Milton, Mass.) prevailed in a 6-1, 3-6, 6-2 victory for the hosts.
Babunski and Brogan joined forces to take an 8-4 decision at first doubles today.
April 15, 2017
Trinity College 5, Connecticut College 4
Records: Trinity College 6-5 (1-3 NESCAC); Connecticut College 6-6 (0-4 NESCAC)
- Vanja Babunski (TC) def. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) 6-3, 7-5
- Julia Brogan (TC) def. Emily Migliorini (CC) 6-2, 6-2
- Stephanie Simon (CC) def. Krista Jiranek (TC) 6-4, 2-6, 6-1
- Jillian Winer (TC) def. Angelica Warren (CC) 6-2, 6-2
- Adrienne Sieverding (CC) def. Ania Aliev (TC) 6-4, 7-6
- Sara Curtis (TC) def. Susanna Studwell (CC) 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
- Babunski/Brogan (TC) def. Migliorni/Simon (CC) 8-4
- A. Warren/Drljaca (CC) def. Jiranek/Winer (TC) 8-5
- Sieverding/Bartlett (CC) def. Aliev/Jane Weber (TC) 8-5