WORCESTER, Mass.--Sophomore Emily Migliorini (North Haven, Conn.) coasted to a 6-1, 6-1 victory at number one singles to lead the Connecticut College women's tennis team to a 5-2 victory against the College of the Holy Cross in a match played in Central Massachusetts Thursday.
The Camels improved their record to 1-0 while the Crusaders fell to 0-3.
Stephanie Simon (Wellesley, Mass.) chipped in with a 6-4, 6-4 victory at third singles for the Camels. Junior Angelica Warren (McLeansville, N.C.) outlasted her opponent in a 6-1, 7-6 triumph at fourth singles. Senior Susanna Studwell (Tucson, Ariz.) contributed with a 6-2, 6-1 victory at fifth singles. College of the Holy Cross sophomore Jennifer Kary (Scarsdale, N.Y.) salvaged a 6-4, 6-4 victory for the Crusaders at sixth singles.
In doubles action, senior Adrienne Sieverding (Red Hook, N.Y.) and Simon joined forces to take an 8-3 victory at number one. In second doubles, sophomore Brinley Bartlett (Malvern, Pa.) and Migliorni gutted out a 9-7 victory against Allison Reiling (Mendham, N.J.) and Morgan McGuire (Franklin Lakes, N.J.). Angelica and Mariah Warren posted an 8-2 victory against Kary and Caroline Kam of Stonington, Conn. at third doubles.
September 29, 2016
Connecticut College 5, College of the Holy Cross 2
1. Emily Migilorini (CC) def. Allison Reiling (HC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Katie Elia (HC) def. Adrienne Sieverding (CC) 6-3, 6-2
3. Stephanie Simon (CC) def. Isabela Bagi (HC) 6-4, 6-4
4. Angelica Warren (CC) def. Morgan McGuire (HC) 6-1, 7-6
5. Susanna Studwell (CC) def. Caroline Kam (HC) 6-2, 6-1
6. Jennifer Kary (HC) def. Mariah Warren (CC) 6-4, 6-4
- Sieverding/Simon (CC) def. Bagi/Elia (HC) 8-3
- Brinley Bartlett/Migliorini (CC) def. Reiling.McGuire (HC) 9-7
- Angelica & Mariah Warren (CC) def. Kam/Kary (HC) 8-2
Records: Holy Cross 0-3; Connecticut College 1-0