ORLANDO, Fla.--The Connecticut College women's tennis team coasted to a 6-3 victory against Franklin & Marshall College in Orlando, Fla.Tuesday.
The Camels improved their record to 2-1 on the season with the win while the Diplomats slipped to 1-5 with the setback.
Sophomore Aleksandra Drljaca (pictured, East Greenwich, R.I.) and freshman Emily Migliorini (North Haven, Conn.) paved the way to the victory for the Camels. Drljaca triumphed in a 6-2, 6-4 decision at number one singles while Migliorini cruised to a 6-0, 6-1 victory at two. Senior Charlotte Marcoux (Sudbury, Mass.) chipped in with a 6-4, 7-5 win at third singles for Connecticut College.
Freshman Mariah Warren (McLeansville, N.C.) won a 6-2, 6-1 decision at sixth singles for the winning side.
Drljaca and Marcoux delivered with an 8-6 victory at number one doubles for Head Coach Chris O'Brien's squad.
Migliorini and Angelica Warren (McLeansville, N.C.) prevailed in an 8-5 triumph at second doubles.
Connecticut College 6, Franklin & Marshall 3
Mar 15, 2016 at Orlando, Fla.
1. Aleksandra Drljaca (CONNCOL) def. Nicole Russo (F&MW) 6-2, 6-4
2. Emily Migliorini (CONNCOL) def. Tara Buchney (F&MW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Charlotte Marcoux (CONNCOL) def. Sarah Haas (F&MW) 6-4, 7-5
4. Emily Gruenberg (F&MW) def. Angelica Warren (CONNCOL) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8)
5. Gavriel Rubenstein (F&MW) def. Susanna Studwell (CONNCOL) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-4)
6. Mariah Warren (CONNCOL) def. Stefana Vujinovic (F&MW) 6-2, 6-1
1. Aleksandra Drljaca/Charlotte Marcoux (CONNCOL) def. Nicole Russo/Emily Gruenberg (F&MW) 8-6
2. Emily Migliorini/Angelica Warren (CONNCOL) def. Tara Buchney/Sarah Haas (F&MW) 8-5
3. Gavriel Rubenstein/Allysan Breece (F&MW) def. Mariah Warren/Brinley Bartlett (CONNCOL) 9-8 (7-4)
Franklin & Marshall 1-5; Regional ranking #11
Connecticut College 2-1
Order of Finish: Doubles (2,1,3), Singles (2,6,4,3,1,4)