ORLANDO, Fla.--The Connecticut College women's tennis team closed out its Spring Break trip Sunday by earning a split in two matches played in Central Florida.
The Camels posted a 7-2 victory against Springfield College and dropped a 5-4 decision to Franklin & Marshall.
It wrapped up a successful week in the Sunshine for the Camels, who finished 5-3 on the trip.
The Camels took the first five singles match ups in their victory against the Springfield Pride.
Aleksandra Drljaca (East Greenwich, R.I.) eased past her opponent in a 6-1, 6-0 triumph at first singles. Junior Adrienne Sieverding (Red Hook, N.Y.) rolled in a 6-0, 6-2 victory at second singles for Head Coach Chris O'Brien's Camels. Angelica Warren (McLeansville, S.C.) chipped in with a 6-1, 6-3 victory at third singles.
Sophomore Susanna Studwell (Tucson, Ariz.) gutted out a 7-5, 6-4 win at fourth singles. Emily White (Buxton, Maine) checked in a 6-2, 6-1 triumph at fifth singles. Junior Charlotte Marcoux (Sudbury, Mass.) and Warren joined forces in an 8-2 victory at first doubles.
Emily White (Buxton, Maine) and Elly Rudd (Minneapolis, Minn.) recorded an 8-3 victory at third doubles.
Drljaca impressed in the loss to the F & M Diplomats at first singles, recording a 6-3, 6-0 straight set win for the Camels. Marcoux earned a 6-0, 6-1 victory at second singles. Warren secured a 10-8 victory in the super tie-breaker to win her match up at fourth singles for Connecticut College.
In doubles action, Marcoux and Warren posted a 9-8 victory for the Camels at second doubles.
Connecticut College vs. Springfield College
March 15, 2015 at Orlando, Fla.
Connecticut College 7, Springfield 2
1. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) def. Rachel London (SPR) 6-1 , 6-0
2. Adrieene Sieverding (CC) def. Stephanie Foster (SPR) 6-0 , 6-2
3. Angelica Warren (CC) def. Rachel Litchfield (SPR) 6-1, 6-3
4. Susanna Studwell (CC) def. Ariana Shemms (SPR) 7-5, 6-4
5 Emily White (CC) def. Kelsey Whelpley (SPR) 6-2, 6-1
6 Fiona Stickney (SPR) def. Aneeka Kalia (CC) 6-3, 6-1
- Charlotte Marcoux/Warren (CC) def. London/ Foster (SPR) 8-2
- Shemms/Whelpley (SPR) def. Jillian Brigandi/White (CC) 8-4
- Gibson Miller/Ellie Rudd (CC) def. Stephani Post/ Litchfield (SPR) 8-3
Franklin & Marshall 5, Connecticut College 4
Mar 15, 2015 at Orlando, Fla.
1. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) def. Nicole Russo (F&MW) 6-3, 6-0
2. Charlotte Marcoux (CC) def. Sara Haas (F&MW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Caitlin Rummelsburg (F&MW) def. Adrieene Sieverding (CC) 6-4, 6-3
4. Angelica Warren (CC) def. Tara Buchney (F&MW) 3-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-8)
5. Megan FitzMaurice (F&MW) def. Emily White (CC) 6-2, 6-4
6. Emily Gruenberg (F&MW) def. Ellie Rudd (CC) 5-7, 6-2, 1-0 (10-8)
1. Russo/Rummelsburg (F&MW) def. Sieverding/Drljaca (CC) 8-3
2. Marcoux/Warren (CC) def. FitzMaurice/Dana Sleeper (F&MW) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Haas/Gruenberg (F&MW) def. Jillian Brigandi/Gibson Miller (CC) 8-3