NEW LONDON, Conn.--The seventh ranked Bowdoin College women's tennis team secured a
9-0 victory at Connecticut College in a NESCAC match played on the South Tennis Courts.
The Polar Bears improved their record to 10-2 (3-0 NESCAC) with their seventh consecutive win. The Camels fell to 2-6 with a 0-1 mark in conference play.
Senior Kate Winingham (Indianapolis, Ind.) cruised to a 6-2, 6-1 victory at number one singles to lead the visitors. Joulia Likhanskaia (Winter Park, Fla.) chipped in with a 6-2, 6-0 triumph at second singles.
Likhanskaia and Emma Lewis (Anchorage, Alaska) posted an 8-0 win at number one doubles for Bowdoin.
Connecticut College senior captain Monica Rohrbach (Fort Worth, Texas) played the closest match for the hosts, dropping a 7-6, 6-1 decision at number four singles.
Connecticut College vs Bowdoin College
April 6, 2014
New London, Conn.
Bowdoin College 9, Connecticut College 0
1. Kate Winingham (BC) def. Charlotte Marcoux (CC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Joulia Likhanskaia (BC) def. Adrieene Sieverding (CC) 6-2, 6-0
3. Samantha Stalder (BC) def. Susanna Studwell (CC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Pilar Giffenig (BC) def. Monica Rohrbach (CC) 7-6, 6-1
5. Emma Chow (BC) def. Aneeka Kalia (CC) 6-2, 6-1
6. Kyra Silitch (BC) def. Jillian Brigandi (CC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Likhanskaia/Emma Lewis (BC) def. Kalia/Sieverding (CC) 8-0
2. Winingham/Stalder (BC) def. Marcoux/Ellie Rudd (CC) 8-2
3. Giffenig/Cheng (BC) def. Rohrbach/Brigandi (CC) 8-2
Connecticut College 2-6, 0-1 NESCAC
Bowdoin College 10-2, 3-0 NESCAC