BRUNSWICK, Maine -- The Bowdoin and Connecticut College women's soccer teams played to a 0-0 double overtime tie on Saturday afternoon.
The tie was the first of the season for both the Polar Bears (9-4-1, 5-3-1 NESCAC) and Camels (9-4-1, 4-4-1 NESCAC).
· With fifteen minutes remaining in the first half, Bryanna Montalvo came out of the net to shut down a charging Julia Patterson. Montalvo slid to the ground to deny the oncoming Patterson.
· In the final minute of the first half, Alex Bukovac took advantage of a Bowdoin foul and took a free kick that ricocheted off the crossbar.
· Early in the second half, Morgen Gallagher saw a promising breakaway shot sail wide of the net.
· In the second overtime frame, the Polar Bears took advantage of a free kick from just right of the box. Talia Missan elevated on the far post for a header but watched as the shot skimmed high.
· In the final four seconds of double overtime, the Camels looked to come away with a victory as Bukovac teed up a shot from 25 yards out. The well-struck ball soared to just below the crossbar where Rachel Stout made a leaping save to deflect away Connecticut's threat.
· Bowdoin held a slight 12-10 edge in shots and 9-4 corner kick advantage.
· Stout made four stops for the Polar Bears as Montalvo made seven for the Camels.
· The Camels play at Wesleyan on Tuesday at 3:15 p.m.