HARTFORD, Conn.--Sophomore Will Cannon (Fairfield, Conn.) secured a 6-4, 7-5 victory at number three singles but Trinity College won the other five match ups in the line up to come away with a 6-3 victory against intrastate rival Connecticut College in the Capital City of Hartford today.
The Bantams improved their record to 5-6 and are 1-3 in NESCAC play. The Camels fell to 4-8 and are 0-5 in conference action.
Connecticut College junior Ben Sachs (Mount Kisco, N.Y.) and sophomore Charlie Williams (Mercer Island, Wash.) joined forces to come away with a 9-7 win at second doubles. In third doubles action, Johnny Cissel (pictured, Amherst, N.H.) and Patrick Farrell (Smithtown, N.Y.) triumphed in another 9-7 decision for Connecticut College.
Trinity College senior Rutendo Matingo (Weston, Mass.) battled back to take a 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 victory at number one singles today. Junior Rex Glickman (Chappaqua, N.Y.) chipped in with a 6-3, 6-3 victory at second singles. In fourth singles action, Kyle Scheffers (Flossmoor, Ill.) triumphed in another 6-3, 6-3 decision for the Bantams.
Jagger Riefler (Wimbledon, England) won in straight set at fifth singles, 6-3, 6-2; as did senior Philip Winser (St. Lazare, Quebec), who posted a 6-1, 6-0 victory at sixth singles for the hosts
Glickman and William Boyd (Hillsborough, Calif.) secured an 8-5 victory at top doubles for Trinity.
Trinity College 6, Connecticut College 3
April 15, 2017
1. Rutendo Matingo (TC) def. Charlie Williams (CC) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
2. Rex Glickman (TC) def. Daniel Maffa (CC) 6-3, 6-3
3. Will Cannon (CC) def. William Boyd (TC) 6-4, 7-5
4. Kyle Scheffers (TC) def. Ben Sachs (CC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Jagger Riefler (TC) def. Scott Brown (CC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Phillip Winser (TC) def. Patrick Farrell (CC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Glickman/Boyd (TC) def. Maffa/Cannon (CC) 8-5
2. Sachs/Williams (CC) def. Riefler/Scheffers (TC) 9-7
3. Johnny Cissel/Farrell (CC) def. Matingo/Boyle (TC) 9-7
Connecticut College 4-8, 0-5 NESCAC
Trinity College 5-6, 1-3 NESCAC