BRUNSWICK, Maine – Ronnie Leston's scored a second period power play goal to even the game for the Bowdoin men's ice hockey game as the Polar Bears skated to their first tie of the season in a 1-1 overtime final against Connecticut College.
The Polar Bears end the regular season at 8-15-1 (5-12-1 NESCAC). The Camels season ends at 4-16-3 (2-13-3 NESCAC).
· Connecticut College got on the board 4:11 into the second period off a solo effort by Dylan Chase. Chase picked the puck up in Bowdoin's zone and fired off a shot from the high slot towards Peter Cronin. The puck went five-hole on Cronin to give the Camels a 1-0 lead.
· Bowdoin responded with a power play tally in the final 1:05 of the second period. Brendan Conroy fed Matthew Lison at the point who fired off a shot on net. Avery Gobbo turned away the initial bid, but Lestan scooped up the rebound to put back an equalizer.
· With four minutes remaining in the game, Ryan Mowery earned a one-on-one with Cronin but the goalie stonewalled the attempt.
· In the waning minutes of the game Camil Blanchet skated towards Gobbo for an opportunity but saw his shot turned away.
· The duo faced off again in the final seconds of overtime, with Gobbo making the biggest save of the game on a breakaway by Blanchet.
By the Numbers
· Gobbo ended the day with 31 saves in net for the Camels.
· Cronin had 26 stops for the Polar Bears.
· Bowdoin went 1-for-3 on the power play while holding Connecticut College to 0-for-4.